What if I don't agree with my assessed value?

Assessment notices are mailed in December and June to taxpayers whose value has changed. If you have a question, you may call the Assessor´s Office or come in and talk to an appraiser. If we are unable to resolve your problem you may appeal to the County Board of Equalization. If you are still not satisfied, you may appeal to the State Board of Equalization, and thereafter, through the court system. Any of these bodies may adjust your assessed value. Appeals to the County Board of Equalization must be filed at the Assessor's Office no later than January 15th or the first business day following January 15th should it fall on a weekend or holiday.

Show All Answers

1. I received a Deed Processing Notice. What am I supposed to do?
2. What is the responsibility of the Assessor´s Office?
3. Why have values increased in such a poor economy?
4. What is this assessment card I get in the mail in December? What does it all mean?
5. Who determines the tax rate?
6. Who collects taxes?
7. What is the difference between the “appraised” and the “assessed” value of property?
8. Why would my taxes change?
9. What is factoring?
10. How often would my value change?
11. How does my assessed value relate to market value?
12. How can my taxes be increasing when values are dropping ?
13. What if I don't agree with my assessed value?
14. What statutes govern the Assessor's Office?