How do I file a complaint?

To file a complaint in the Sixth Judicial District, you must provide the document you wish to file in its original paper form as the clerk of the court is not currently equipped with an e-filing system. Furthermore, though this district does not currently have district court rules in place, each filed document should be on lined pleading paper and should comply with the district court rules of the State of Nevada. If you are filing from outside of Humboldt County, you may mail the filing fee with the document. Please see our list of filing fees in the self-help center on this website. If you have any further questions about filing protocol and fees, please contact the Humboldt County Clerk’s Office at (775) 623-6343.

Show All Answers

1. What is the difference between district and justice court?
2. Can I speak to the Judge directly?
3. Do I get paid for jury duty?
4. How can I request to be excused from jury duty?
5. What if I receive a juror summons for someone who no longer lives at my address?
6. What can I bring with me when I appear for jury duty?
7. How do I get selected for jury duty?
8. How do I file a complaint?
9. I need to obtain legal help. What are my options?
10. I need to file for custody, divorce, or administration of an estate, etc. What should my first step be?
11. If I can't find a form on your website, what can I do?
12. Where do I mail my filings?
13. How can I obtain court records or perform a name search for a background check?
14. Why can't District Court employees offer legal advice?
15. Where is the district court office located?