Can I speak to the Judge directly?

In nearly all cases, it would be inappropriate for the Judge to speak to any interested parties regarding an open case without the presence of all parties or their legal representation. If you feel you have information relevant to a case, you must provide that information to your attorney. However, if you are representing yourself; please write it down, provide a copy to the opposing party and mail it to Judge Montero’s chambers. Keep in mind that any attempt to sway the Judge toward a certain decision will be disregarded and that if you call his office you will not be permitted to speak with him directly.

Show All Answers

1. What is the difference between district and justice court?
2. Can I speak to the Judge directly?
3. Do I get paid for jury duty?
4. How can I request to be excused from jury duty?
5. What if I receive a juror summons for someone who no longer lives at my address?
6. What can I bring with me when I appear for jury duty?
7. How do I get selected for jury duty?
8. How do I file a complaint?
9. I need to obtain legal help. What are my options?
10. I need to file for custody, divorce, or administration of an estate, etc. What should my first step be?
11. If I can't find a form on your website, what can I do?
12. Where do I mail my filings?
13. How can I obtain court records or perform a name search for a background check?
14. Why can't District Court employees offer legal advice?
15. Where is the district court office located?